The Social Committee was created to build social relationships among owners and guests. The activities are a way to meet people, visit neighbors and enhance living in this community. Past events have included fall festivals, summer ribfests, community garage sales, holiday parties, and more. MLHOA is looking for volunteers right now to help with this vital community resource. Even if you don’t consider yourself a leader, being a part of the Social committee helps neighbors become friends, watch over each others homes, and makes the neighborhood a real place to call home.
SIGN UP FOR NEXTDOOR NEIGHBOR:
Nextdoor is the free private social network for your neighborhood community. Join Nextdoor neighbor as a resident:
- Visit nextdoor.com, enter your email address and residential street address* and click Find your neighborhood.
- Complete all of the required fields.
- If you received an invitation to join Nextdoor, follow the special link on your invitation to create your account.
- Click Sign up.
- Lastly, verify your address.
GAB FEST: You’re invited to join us at the Fireside Coffee House in the Meadow Lake Inn every Tuesday at 9:30am. It may sound like a bunch of women gabbing, but the first time we met, one of the ladies described watching out her window as a Grizzly bear mother attempted to ditch her (older) cubs. The twin cubs followed awhile later sniffing and searching for her on their North Fork property. Events, places to go, restaurants, and hikes also have been topics of conversation. And the coffees are not only women- men, feel free to join. Pretty much, you always learn something at these casual coffees.
BOOK CLUB: Every 2nd Tuesday of the month, Gab Fest gives way to the Book Club (2nd Tuesday 9:30am, Fireside Room). Books are chosen by participants or attendees, but the club is fun, and relaxed. The HOA office has a list of what we’re reading this year or you can find the list on any of the bulletin boards scattered throughout the area. Several Montana authors have led the discussions over the past few years. Just show up to offer your opinion.
PUB NIGHT: Join other residents in the Meadow Lake Bar & Grill from 4:00pm-5:00pm on Wednesday nights (summer- when the Farmer’s Market is going on in Columbia Falls), and on Thursday nights the rest of the year (spring, fall, winter). This fun-filled get together is a touchstone for residents to share stories and spread cheer.
NINER’S WOMENS GOLF: We invite you to join this group of lighthearted golfers every Wednesday as long as the golf course is open (spring to fall). Contact the HOA Office to get ahold of the current leaders of this lively bunch and hop on a team.
Social Committee Charter:
Note: MLCCE HOA (Meadow Lake Country Club Estates Home Owners Association) is the same entity as MLHOA (Meadow Lake Home Owners Association) and may be referred to as MLHOA throughout this website.
The Social Committee is created to build social relationships between owners, guests, and paid annual membership owners in Mountain Watch Phase II and Meadow Lake West. The committee’s goal is to offer a variety of activities that will appeal to the diverse population at Meadow Lake in order to foster a sense of community and promote the resort’s general welfare. The activities are a way to meet people, visit neighbors, and enhance the community through a variety of volunteer programs.
- Plan and develop community events
- Submit budget requirements to the HOA Board of Directors for funding support
- Organize volunteers for HOA board sanctioned events
- Promote and coordinate events with appropriate resort entities
The Social Committee shall be comprised of not more than 8 volunteers that are active members of the MLHOA, or by payment of an annual membership extended to owners in Mountain Watch Phase II or Meadow Lake West. Appointment to the committee, and annual budget proposals, shall be by majority vote of committee members in attendance at a Social Committee meeting open to members.
An MLHOA, Inc. member will be appointed by the HOA’s Board of Directors as Committee Chairperson. The Committee Chair’s duties shall include:
- Select an alternate chairperson to act in the Chairman’s absence.
- Plan and conduct periodic meetings opened to the association’s membership.
- Provide periodic reports on committee activities and budget requirements to the HOA Board of Directors and the association’s general membership.
- Coordinate with the MLHOA General Manager to disseminate information to the HOA membership about Social Committee meetings and planned events.